Tuesday, March 3, 2015

D is for Doorways

To me doorways metaphysically represent the passing from one space to another.

When I open up my shrine cabinet, I am opening a doorway to my deities and their space. I invite them to formally join me in a ritual or sometimes just a conversation. But I don't always formally invite my deities into my life, sometimes its a casual invitation or sometimes they open the door themselves.

Sometimes the doorway isn't the physical opening of a door. Sometimes the doorway is in my mind. When I meditate I step through a mental doorway to change my perceptions and even my reality. Guided meditations are often particularly useful to mentally step through the doorways between realities.

In the metaphysical sense doorways also help us divide things. You can symbolically create a doorway between you and what you want to release and shut the door to sever the connection. Maybe even lock the door or board it up.

The problem with doorways though, is that sometimes others can come through them. We all need to be careful what we allow through the doorways we open.

No comments:

Post a Comment